The Basic Food Hygiene Training Course (level 2) is ideally suited for food operatives, kitchen staff, care assistants and service staff.
Its possible that this training course can lasts 6 hours . It is possible to run at times to suit your requirements. The course ends with a multiple choice test.
Basic Food Hygiene Training Course
The majority of food experts may agree that a reduction in the high levels of food poisoning . Will only be achieved by the education of food handlers.
The EU Law Hygiene for Foodstuffs requires. Food Businesses to make sure that any staff who handles food. Have to be supervised as well as instructed and trained in Food Hygiene in a way that is appropriate to the work they do.
On completion of this basic food hygiene training course learners should understand:
- Why food safety training is important
- Their personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of food borne illness
- Why food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- Understand how to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
Basic Food Hygiene Training Course Syllabus.
- Understand how individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety.
- Outline the importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment, safe food handling and behaviour
- Describe how to report food safety hazards.
- Outline the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Understand the importance of keeping him/herself clean and hygienic.
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Describe effective personal hygiene practices, for example, protective clothing, hand washing, personal illnesses, cuts and wounds
- Understand the importance of keeping the work areas clean and hygienic.
- Explain how to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy to include cleaning and disinfection methods, safe use and storage of cleaning chemicals and materials, and waste disposal
- State how work flow, work surfaces and equipment can reduce contamination risks and aid cleaning
- Outline the importance of pest control
- Understand the importance of keeping food safe.
- State the sources and risks to food safety from contamination and cross contamination to include microbial, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards.
- Explain how to deal with food spoilage including recognition, reporting and disposal
- Describe safe food handling practices and procedures for storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food
- Explain the importance of temperature controls when storing, preparing, cooking, chilling, reheating, holding, serving and transporting food
- Describe stock control procedures including deliveries, storage, date marking and stock rotation
Successful candidates will receive a certificate. Its possible to host the course at your place of business however if not suitable, We can offer a venue ideal for instruction
On-site tutor-led Learning
We provide tutor-led training courses that are usually delivered at your business premises. This can ensure the most cost-effective use of your personnel’s time. The training timings can flexible for the start of the training course. This training location may be chosen by the customer. We deliver high quality training courses through the East Midlands, South and East Yorkshire as well as Lincolnshire.